COVID-19 Update: New Safety Procedures We Are Taking
We hope this message finds you and your family safe and healthy. As the situation around COVID-19 continues, we’d like to share with you what we are doing to best protect and prevent against the spread. We have put in COVID-specific safety measures and procedures in each office. We are fully confident these protocols will allow us to maintain a safe environment and to allow us to continue to meet our high standards in patient care.
- All staff and patients will wear face masks. We will provide disposable masks to all patients that do not arrive wearing one.
- All staff & patients will have their temperature checked upon arrival and patients will complete a verbal COVID-19 screening questionnaire. Anyone with a fever or a positive screening for COVID will be asked to return home and reschedule their appointment.
- Enhanced cleaning of the office, testing equipment and our inventory will take place.
- Heightened hygiene measures including hand washing before each patient interaction. Additionally, hand sanitizer will be available at stations throughout the office.
- Front desks, optician desks and testing equipment will be fitted with protective shields.
- Appointments will be more spaced out to reduce the number of people in the office at once.
- We will be taking steps to allow for social distancing of six feet or more in the areas that it is possible.
- We are implementing a curbside pickup, where patients can choose to pick up materials from their car.
- We are asking that only patients with appointments enter the office. Any companions will be asked to wait in the car to minimize people in the office.
- Appointment scheduling for adjustments, repairs, glasses/contact lens order pick-ups or purchases are required.
If you wish to have your glasses and/or contact lens order shipped to you, please contact us to let us know.
We will continue to monitor the CDC guidelines to ensure we are following all current protocols in order to best protect the safety and well being of our patients, staff, and community while providing essential vision and eye care services.
The Village Eyecare Team